"Exploring the Challenges of ChatGPT in Education"
March 30, 2023
This poster was created by artificial intelligence. Well, the image portion. The text and layout required human input. As AI technology progresses, how much of our daily work will be replaced by generative AI tools? How does this apply to higher education? Will it have a negative impact on student learning and academic integrity? Those were some of the questions we explored during our webinar, “Examining the Challenges of ChatGPT in Education.”
We were thrilled to host a lineup of expert panelists who led a thought-provoking discussion. Our panelists explored the ethical considerations surrounding generative AI, analysed its impact on society and examined ways to ensure that it is used responsibly.
The panelists included:
- Prof. Herman Cappelen, Chair and Professor, Dept. of Philosophy, The University of Hong Kong
- Prof. Irwin King, Chair and Professor, Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Dr. Sean McMinn, Director, Center for Education, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Dr. Florin Constantin Serban, Lecturer, School of Communication, Hong Kong Baptist University
- Prof. Eric Tsui, Professor, Dept. of Industrial and Systems Engineering
Date: March 30, 2023 (Thursday)
Time: 12:30-1:45 PM (HKT)
Location: Online via ZOOM
Missed the event?
Catch up on everything we discussed during our webinar on March 30 by watching the full video recording.
You can also explore the slides created by our panelists by downloading the pdf below.